SQL Course Syllabus
SQL (Structured Query Language)
Section 1 Introduction To SQL
Section 2 Data Retrieval Techniques
Section 3 Working with DDL Commands
Section 4 Working with DML Commands
Section 5 Integrity Constraints
Section 6 Built In Functions
Section 7 Data Aggregation
Section 8 Importance Of Join
Section 9 Set Operators and Pseudo Columns
Section 10 Sub Queries
Section 11 Database Transactions and Security
Section 12 Design Of Schema Objects
Structured Query Language (SQL)
Section 1: Introduction To SQL
1. Introduction Database
2. Understanding DBMS vs RDBMS
3. Gone through SQL Standards
4. Sub languages of SQL
5. Difference between 10g vs 11g vs 12c
6. Installation of 12c
7. About SQL*Plus and use of developer tool
8. Datatypes in Oracle
9. Operators in Oracle
10. Understanding Schema design and objects
Section 2: Data Retrieval Techniques
1. How to use select statement in different ways to retrieve records?
2. Working with Column alias
3. Working with Table alias
4. Data filtering and sorting with in single table
5. Clauses and its types in oracle
Group by clause
Order by clause
For update clause
Section 3: Working With DDL Commands
1. Table creation using CREATE statement
2. Creating table from another table
3. Dropping a table using DROP command
4. Altering the column of a table
5. Modifying the column datatype in a table
6. Renaming the column of a table
7. Renaming an entire table
8. Using truncate command
9. Difference between Delete and Truncate command
Section 4: Working With DML Commands
1. How to copy data from one table to another table?
2. How to copy the structure alone from a table?
3. Different types of inserting row to an existing table
4. Updating any value of with in a record using UPDATE command
5. Deleting a particular record from a table
6. Using merge and insert all command [Implementation of Project 1 ]
Section 5: Integrity Constraints
1. How to declare column level constraints?
2. How to declare row level constraints ?
3. How to add constraints to an existing table?
4. Types of integrity constraints
5. How to enable and disable constraints?
6. How to get information about constraints?
Section 6: Built In Functions
1. Understanding Single row functions
2. How to use single row functions using dummy table?
3. Types of single row functions
4. Working with multi row functions [Implementation of Project 2]
Section 7: Data Aggregation
1. Working with aggregate function
2. Working with group by clause
3. Working with having clause
4. Difference between WHERE and HAVING clause
Section 8: Importance Of JOIN
1. Understanding joins and its uses
2. Types of joins
Non – equi join
Left and Right outer join
Full outer join
Cross join [Implementation of Project 3]
Section 9: Set Operators And Pseudo Columns:
How to use set operators in a single table content?
Working with set operator types
Working with pseudo columns using the following
Section 10: Sub Queries
1. Importance of sub queries
2. Using different types of sub queries
Single row sub queries
Multi row sub queries
Multi column sub queries
Correlated sub queries
3. Using inline views and scalar queries [ Implementation of Project 4]
Section 11: Database Transaction And Security
1. Working with data query language using TCL
2. Working with data control language commands
3. Use of commit and rollback
4. Use of savepoint and set transaction
5. How to give system privileges to an user?
6. How to invoke and revoke object privileges?
7. How to create users and roles?
Section 12: Design Of Schema Objects
1. Creating and working with Views
2. Working with Synonyms
3. Creating Index and clusters
4. Working with in materialized view
5. Understanding sequences and its types [Implementation of Project 5]