PL SQL Course Syllabus
PL/SQL (Procedural Language Extension To SQL)
Section 1 Introduction To PL/SQL
Section 2 Creating and Using Cursors
Section 3 Understanding Exception Handling
Section 4 Creation Of Stored Procedures
Section 5 Creating and Using Functions
Section 6 Creating and Using Packages
Section 7 Triggers In PL/SQL
Section 8 Collections In PL/SQL
PL/SQL (Procedural Language Extension to SQL)
Section 1: Introduction To PL/SQL
1. Informal introduction to PL/SQL
2. Advantages of PL/SQL
3. Datatypes in PL/SQL
4. Program structure of PL/SQL
5. Embedding SQL statements
6. Using conditional statements and loops
Section 2: Creating And Using Cursors
1. What is cursor?
2. How to create cursor?
3. Using cursors in PL/SQL
4. How to create explicit cursor?
5. Creation of for loop cursor
6. What are cursor parameters?
7. How to use for update clause?
8. What is ref cursors?
9. How to use implicit cursors?
Section 3: Understanding Exception Handling
1. What is an Exception?
2. Describing Exception types
3. Handling system defined exceptions
4. Handling user defined exceptions?
5. Sql code vs Sql errm
6. Pragma exception_init
Section 4: Creation Of Stored Procedures
Creating procedures in Pl/SQL
Working with procedure parameters
How to create procedures with cursors
How procedures return records?
What is Pragma autonomous transaction?
Section 5: Creating and Using Functions
1. Importance of function
2. How to create functions?
3. Difference between procedures and functions
4. How to use inline functions?
Section 6: Creating and Using Packages
1. What is a Package?
2. Reasons to use packages
3. What is package specification?
4. What is package body?
5. How to instantiate package?
6. How to initialize instantiated package?
7. What are all the package state?
Section 7: Triggers In PL/SQL
1. How to create triggers?
2. Benefits of trigger
3. How to trigger a trigger?
4. Using DML trigger and DDL trigger
5. How to audit database using triggers?
6. What are database level trigger?
Section 8: Collections In PL/SQL
1. What is collection?
2. How to use arrays?
3. Using nested tables
4. How to use index by value?
5. Listing types of collection methods.
6. General overview and discussion about DBA Concepts